Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Letter from Warren!


Hi, my name is Warren, and I am an energetic boy, about 3 years old. I am SO SO happy to be out of that stinky old shelter!!! I've been there two times, and I don't understand why my families have taken me back there. I was very scared when Carla (my angel) took me out of the shelter and put me in a crate in a van. I was taken to a place called a foster home, but I was afraid, and didn't understand what was happening. I tried to run away, but my foster mom found me somehow, and brought me back.
Now I think it's ok here, and maybe I don't have to run away. I am very afraid of being kept in a crate. My foster mom understands now, and she is not making me stay in the crate. She feeds me in the crate, but does not close the crate door. I'm ok with that. She made me a bed on the floor next to her bed, and I sleep there at night. I like being near her.
My foster mom says that I'm a really loving boy, and I behave very well in the house. I don't go to the bathroom in the house (ok, I had one accident when I first got here, but none since). I don't chew on stuff that is not mine. I don't even tear up the stuffie toys. I don't get on the furniture unless my foster mom invites me. I like to follow her around and I lay near her feet while she is working on the computer. My foster sisters say that she does this a lot.
At first, my foster sisters wouldn't play with me. They were very bossy, and I was a little scared. But now they are starting to let me be part of the family, and when they get treats, so do I!! One of my foster sisters is even starting to play with me. They say I don't smell like shelter anymore - now that I had a bath.
My foster mom says I have to work on learning not to pull on the leash. I find that SO HARD, because I want to go so fast. I spent way too much time in the shelter to want to go slowly! My foster mom says I am very smart, so I will learn.


I hope I get a furever home soon. I've had homes before, but they were not furever. I want someone who will always love me. I've heard homes like that are out there. My foster mom says I need to be patient. Please tell everyone you know that needs a loving dog in their lives, because I could be that dog, and they wouldn't have to be lonely anymore!
love,
Warren

No comments: